Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Sister

{The restaurant was super nice and surprised her with a birthday song and candle}

So my baby sisters birthday was a couple weekends ago and lets just say it was probably the best one of her life one of the better ones (how can she be 20 already!?!). I had decided a few months before that I wanted to do a surprise trip for her b-day since its been a rough year for her; her boyfriend is currently in Afghanistan and won't be back until the fall (*fingers crossed*), and while she has been working her ass off all summer, she doesn't really have the spare cash to afford a beach vacation. Obviously being the awesome sister I am, I thought it was my duty to give her a memorable birthday. And how did we accomplish this you ask? By asking her to take her birthday weekend off work and then telling her nothing else. And when she asks 3.45 million questions about where you're going, you just start lying. Of course we're getting on a plane! Why would we not be going to Mexico? Yes, you need to pack according to TSS regulations. No, we aren't going to spend the weekend at Mikes parents house, what kind of sister do you think I am?! 

I knew I wouldn't be able to make everything a surprise (she knows me and my resources too well). I was 98.7% sure she figured we were going to Angela's for the weekend, since she lives at the beach and Tanya loves her. But what she didn't know is that I was in cahoots with her best friend, Hope, and had her come with us as a surprise. And since I had work Friday and couldn't be there when her friend arrived, I made little cards to guide the weekend of surprises. Tanya was stoked that her friend came and I gave myself a little pat on the back for not messing it up. Once they met me at work, we hit the road to the Jersey shore, where we spent he weekend soaking up rays (and sea salt!), eating amazeballs food, reading, sipping on champagne, eating tons of froyo, playing arcade games, and laughing. I hope she had fun, because I certainly did. 

{Birthday princess is all ready for her birthday weekend}
{Amazing food at a community restaurant}
{Salad starter on the prefixed menu}

{Individual champagne bottles}
{Fresh tacos at Surf Taco}
{Best froyo!}
{We decorated the apt while birthday girl showered as a surprise}
{She had to wear her tiara all day...even while her hair was drying}
{Night at the arcade}
{Fried appiizers, coffee, and cheesy board games. Chutes and Ladders anyone?}

{Group shot at dinner}
{Man she cleans up well!}
{Hat party at UO}
{I love to get piggy back rides from her}
{Our happy place. Reading and the ocean.}
{Best friends!}
{Best friends}
{Enjoying our big morning breakfast. Tiara and all}
{They're kinds my favorite}

No comments:

Post a Comment