Friday, September 23, 2011

Old Habits, New Adventures


So this badass chick above, this is Chelsea. 

Chelsea and I have been friends for a couple years now. Heck, without her around, I would have been living with drug addicts and prostitutes on the streets living alone paying inflated rent for a studio apartment in the ghetto of Wilkes Barre my senior year. Chelsea also set me up with my study abroad program in Wales last year. She was supposed to go with me but unfortunately, due to unforeseen complications, she had to wait a year and left me to fend for myself in a new country. But no worries, it all worked out for the best. One year later, its her turn to fly across the pond and live it up in the UK (actually she's there right now partying Welsh style)

But before packing up the passport, Chelsea made a pit-stop at school to have some last minute fun with friends. Unfortunately she lives near Chicago and doesn't get to visit over the summer. On Thursday night, a.k.a. pitchers night, we all headed out to Hardware for $3 pitchers. Hardware is a ghetto ass bar in the center of town. Dudes here think Jersey Shore is a way of life, girls think sex in public is romantic and the liquor is lower than bottom of the barrel. But we're all young and broke so we take deals when they're thrown at us. After some dancing and hanging out with friends I hadn't seen in months, I left Chelsea and the gang to fend for themselves while I bailed early (don't judge! I had work at 6:30am that morning and spent 3 hours in the car!). 

The festivities didn't end on Thursday however. Friday night we headed back out to Hardware for some dancing and a live (poorly executed) cover band. And since Mike, the boyfriend, opted out of joining in on the fun Thursday, he was asked nicely forced against his will to come out Friday. It was nice to have a night out with him and our friends since normally our relationship consists of movies, ice cream and nights on the couch. After a few hours of watching drunk and not so attractive girls make fools of themselves dancing on the bar, we said our goodbyes to the girl of honor and wished her all the best on her European excursion. 

Obviously the best dancing involves one hand holding your drink and the other up in the air.


I can't take anything seriously (i also am oh-so-very-not photogenic).


Me, the boyfriend and the girl that said we'd make a great couple a year before we ever said two words to each other.




We all photograph so much better BEFORE the alcohol kicks in...


All in all, I'd call the last minute all-American celebration a success!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is so exciting for her!

    Oh, just a BTW you've been to my neck of the woods (aka: Jersey Shore) and the men are not like that. Just throwing it out there. Please catch it. You know its true <3

    ReplyDelete