Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Diners and Dives

Dear mother nature, 
Please stop raining. 
Kthanksbye


This weekend the weather was raining, muggy and cold. Needless to say, I wasn't the happiest of campers. I had spent the past two weeks anticipating my upcoming trip to the pumpkin patch and corn maze (can you tell I don't get out much?) and when the gray clouds rolled in, so did my pouty face. Mike and I opted out of spending our evening in the miserable weather in exchange for a burger and movie date. We usually try to go to a different restaurant every time I'm up visiting, even though they usually end up being chains, but this time we decided to revisit Red Robin and indulge in some German themed burgers. 


Afterwards we headed to the movies to check out Joseph Gordon Levitt and Seth Rogan in 50/50, which was fantastic. It enbodied up to the classic cliche, "you'll laugh, you'll cry". While I still wished we could have spent the night wandering through dried corn and climbing over pumpkins, our classic date combo still hit the spot. (Plus, there's always next time I guess...glass half full here people).



{I'm a piglet, I know.}


{He wouldn't let me take a photo of him eating his burger so instead, opts to awkwardly laugh.}


{Hello Octoberfest burger. You are about to become my bitch.}



{Speckled lemonade, grown-up style.}

I was also fortunate enough to catch up with my best friend Nicole and good friend Angela. Angela's sister and mom were visiting from Philly so we decided it was a necessity to visit Sweet Treet, our favorite greasy family-style restaurant. Nothing beats the $1.99 breakfast special, over easy.


{They LOVE their Steelers}


{My heart hates me, but I'm an addict to this breakfast.}

2 comments:

  1. German burgers...WHAT?!?! Um hello. Wish I was eating sweet treet.

    I hope you get to go to the pumpkin patch this upcoming weekend :)

    Also, I hope you were drinking some beer with that German burger. Just saying <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Sweet Treet with every fiber of my being...I need it back in my life : )

    ReplyDelete