Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cookbook: Easy as Pie

Let me be honest here. I used to hate apple pie. Grandma made it every year for thanksgiving and even though I would help her make it, I'd never eat it. Enter my teen years: out of the blue I was a fan of apple pie. My love for my grandmothers apple pie has now reached the level of physical violence (try and take a piece of pie from me and see what happens people). Now, I typically like any apple pie, but its grandma's that brings out my dark side. But come on folks, who does it better than grandma? Certainly not I, despite my best efforts. While I think I can make a quality pie, it just never has that special touch that makes it perfect. Either way, my freshly picked apples were used in yet another attempt to recreate grandma's classic. 



{Goodbye pesticide! Hello deliciousness!}



{Sugar, spice and everything nice.}



{Giving my arms a workout. Too bad my arms still lack definition.}



{All nestled in and ready for the oven.}



{Pre-Oven.}



{Post-Oven. Pie, meet my belly. Belly, meet your new best friend.}

No comments:

Post a Comment