Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cookbook: Cake Pops


Who doesn't love cake pops? Cake pops are the new cupcakes when it comes to baking fads and honestly, I really hope this trend sticks around. I was so eager to try to make my own version of these bad boys, especially since I had tried them way back in March at Cake, Bake and Roll in Long Branch, NJ while visiting Angela. I found this recipe, but used funfetti cake mix instead of plain vanilla. Honestly, next time I think I'll make vanilla cake and then just mix the sprinkles in when I add the icing because when the cake browned in the oven, the cake balls looked more brown than funfetti. But they tasted great all the same! I made some Halloween themed for my office and let Mike and the boys finish off the rest (after I sneaked in my handful). 

Have you tried making these puppies yourself? Have you at least had them (if you haven't, may I ask where your current residence is located? Perhaps under a rock...)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment