Friday, November 18, 2011

Package Pals 2011


Can we please talk about how AMAZING an idea this package pals thing was?!  I am a huge lover of snail mail so when I heard about package pals from Gentri Lee I signed right up! Now I have an awesome new friend in Portugal, Rita, and (hopefully soon) an awesome new international package. I'm so impatient so I hope my package gets here soon because it looks like a million things I will love!

As for my package, I tried to make a lot of homemade things to add a personal touch. Its really hard to think of things to send that are unique to America so I just tried to make things that she would hopefully find special. I also made some stationary so hopefully we can continue to be pen (or package) pals in the future! I found a lot of these crafts on this website. Check them out and try them for yourself! 

My package to Rita included...
{I've become a huge fan of home manicures now and wanted to share my love of nail stickers}
{A homemade wire knot ring}
{A magazine rolled picture frame. I was covered in glue!}
{Magnetic buttons}
{Homemade stationary}
{A pretty blue/teal scarf}
{I made tags for everything and labeled everything}

P.S. Apparently you can't cover mail in newspaper and ship it internationally. Do I look like a terrorist to you U.S. postal service? 

2 comments:

  1. Boo about them not letting you send it wrapped in newspaper. It looked so cute!

    You girls did SUCH a fantastic job! I love it all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your package it was really lovely I loved everything. :)

    ReplyDelete