Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lost Amid the Corn


ATTENTION ON THE FARM!!

I FINALLY got to go to a corn maze for my birthday weekend. I was p.u.m.p, PUMPED! I waited all day for Mike to get off work, we layered on the clothes, hopped in the car and headed up to Scranton to Roba's Tree Farm. We took the hay ride (minus the hay) up to the corn maze only to reach the entrance and hear: "Attention on the farm, we are currently out of electricity and will be closing at 6:30p. Please make your way to the exits.". It was 6:00p and I was pissed! We paid $11 bucks each for this shindig only to be told we can't do it?! So we made our way over to the pumpkins. I had my pout face on full force, Mike was feeling terrible that once again our plans were fumbled and we were dishearteningly picking out a pumpkin and making our way to the check out. Then, as quickly as the terrible news came, the loudspeaker boomed again and "Attention on the farm! We now have electricity and you can carry on enjoying the activities" filled our ears. I was once again excited. Dear Roba Farms: please don't toy with my emotions. Pleaseandthankyou, Amber.



Post-loudspeaker announcement but pre-corn maze frustration.



Baby lambs fooling around. Sooo precious!



Pumpkin picking!




Ready to get this show on the road!



1 puzzle piece down! 9 to go!



The perpetually taunting ghost that seems to pop up in times of extreme frustration.



Pumpkin and caramel apple (half eaten)? Check!

Turns out our corn maze adventure wasn't as much fun as I'd built it up in my head. We ended up cheating our way out an hour into it. We had only found one puzzle piece, were covered in mud and trapped in a pitch black maze on a freezing night. Turns out we should have taken the rescue flag in the beginning. Damn our corn maze cockiness! 

**Pumpkin carving post to come.

1 comment:

  1. And then there was light! I'm sure the corn maze would have been just about impossible without light and pumpkin picking at that. I'm glad the light when on because if it did not it would have been nearly tragic!

    ReplyDelete