Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lookbook: Ombre

Sweater: Gift from ang, Jeans: American Eagle, Denim Shirt: American Eagle, 
Boots: Simply Vera, Watch: Fossil, Belt: Forever 21

Welp. I took the plung. I went ombre. 

I was so hesitant to try the whole ombre thing because 1.) I just started dying my hair a couple months ago so any radical change produces hesitation, 2.) my hair is short and i've never really seen short ombre hair, 3.) I was nervous it'd look sloppy or just not what I wanted. But I decided to go for it and I'm a fan. Its not exactly what I wanted. I would have liked for a lighter blond instead of the yellowy color, but since my hair was dark before, this is what my hairstylist Katie could produce. Apparently there are two ways to achieve this (something I was unaware of). You can either color the tips or color the underside of your hair. I colored the tips. Apparently that is unheard of but I say the heck with it! Granted I pretty much can never straighten my hair or it looks weird but I like the change and I feel its going to be sticking around for awhile. 

P.S. My coworker LeAnn took my outfit shots outside the salon and since she didn't know what to do, she just moved the camera around with 344.6 different angles (and since she wasn't taking her photographer job seriously, I obviously couldn't take serious photos. ah duh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment