Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Book Review: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close


Have any of you read this book? My good friends Meaghan and Mari recommended it because they adore it, but honestly, it took me foorreeevveerr to finish; I could not for the life of me get into it. It revolves around a young boy searching the five Burroughs of New York City in search of the owner of a mysterious key his late father had hidden before he passed in the 9/11 plane crash. The story touches upon the new dynamic between himself and his mother after the death of his dad and also the relationship between his grandmother, himself and his grandfather, who the boy has never met. There are a lot of stories all mixed in between the main narration, which proved difficult to follow, at least for me. It wasn't until more than halfway through the book that the narration clicked and I was able to follow who was speaking at what times. I really enjoyed the end of the book, but it was a long road to get to that point. If you want my honest opinion, I don't think I will be recommending this book to anyone anytime soon (sorry Mari and Meaghan!). 

In my opinion:

No comments:

Post a Comment