Saturday, April 28, 2012

Laser Tag, Water Balloons, Tree Climbing, Oh My!

I adore my little cousins. They live up in Massachusetts, so I only get to see them every other year (every year if I'm lucky). And boy, do they grow up at light speed (hello cliche). They have only ever come to our house once before, since we usually go up for Christmas, but this year my cousin and aunt decided to bring the girls down for their spring break so they could go to D.C. and Gettysburg. My sister even came home for the weekend that they were here. While it was a super fun few days, it was also super exhausting. Who knew kids were little ball of energy? I would go to work while the girls went on their day trips, and when I came home it was "Amber time", which meant it was my turn to entertain the girls to give their mom a break.  I also learned that sharing a bed with kids is in no way comfortable and may be the worst night sleep in a long time (it also may leave you with the cold you've been dodging all winter). 

But all in all, the laser tag, arcade games, snow cones, water balloon fights, tree climbing, nail salon time and snuggle time made their brief trip all the more special. I'm really going to miss those buggers  now that they're gone :/

No comments:

Post a Comment