Monday, April 16, 2012

Fire Pits and Swinging Men


After the whole wrecked car situation, I was totally in the dumps. And who wouldn't be, honestly, after having their precious baby towed and estimated for thousands in repairs. But also, my car = my life**. Ask anyone; I'm almost never home and often travel hundreds of miles on any given weekend. Its not easy for me to live at home again after four years on my own, living right down the street from my friends. Yes, saving some serious cash is a perk, but at the same time, it takes an emotional toll on me that a price sticker doesn't reflect and having to break plans to stick around in one spot for numerous weekends makes me cranky and anxious. 

With that said, I had originally planned on seeing Mike the weekend after said accident and since I wasn't exactly going to walk to PA, I had to find alternative plans. Luckly, my good friend Rachel asked me to go out and since she offered to be the DD, I was in! One call to Meaghan and we were in line at Powerplant Live! in Baltimore. I hadn't been to Powerplant since this back in September so it was fun to shake my money maker at a different bar in another area of Baltimore other than Fed Hill (seen here and here). I'm not going to lie, after dancing my little booty off on the back of a booth in the VIP section and taking free shots straight into my mouth by the bartender, I may or may not have gotten some festive beads from a military man in a cowboy hat because my shirt may or may not have been see through (and by that I mean I definitely did and it definitely was). Crazy night, but well worth it. I'm getting really excited for bar hopping this summer all over Baltimore with my favorite people. 

**P.S. I am super appreciative of my dad who let me take is car to work every day and was okay with that forcing him to work longer hours than he normally does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment