Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Angela's Birthday Weekend

Angela's birthday can't just be a one day event. Oh no friends. Its a weekend long extravaganza full of friends (old and new), burgers, cake, jello shots, dancing, shopping, brunch and the beach. Perfection? I think so. I got to Angie's house late Friday night (after work) and just hung out with her and Amanda while the made jello in dinosaur dixie cups (classy, no?). The next day our friend Ashley popped into town. Ashley, Ang and I used to be room mates so we skip the pleasantries and get down to business quickly. Since it was icky outside that day (we woke up to sun, got dressed, lathered up the sunscreen, only to walk outside and it suddenly have become cloudy and chilly. Boo!) we decided hit up Forever 21 to find some new party clothes and got some awesome burgers at Bobby's Burger Palace (sidenote: Bobby Flay knows how to make a good burger, even fast food style). Then the night festivities begun! Amanda told us about this great pizza place in Asbury Park, Porta, that turns into a dance club with bars (including a couple outdoor ones) and two dance floors at night that we had to check out. So of course we did. And I gotta admit: so much fun! As much as I disdain Jersey, I must say, they know how to have a good time without worrying about how completely ridiculous they look dancing. Win!

The next morning we had breakfast at my favorite breakfast joint near Angela's, Turning Point. I tried eggs Benedict for the first time and man, I'm never lookin' back. Holy amazeballs people! Where has this been all my life? After plowing food in our faces, we tried our second attempt at beach fun, and luckily, the weather cooperated this time. Beach + Amber = One super happy camper. And since we had so much fun the first night (plus made friends with the bouncers), we decided Porta was the place to be, yet again. And this time, my friend (and old room mate) Tom came out with his two friends. I love seeing Tom, especially when he has had a couple drinks and gets all hugsy. Sadly, Ashley had to go home after the first night, but luckly for us, she was replaced by an equally awesome person, my new friend Crystal. 

Before you view the evidence of this weekend, be warned, the iPhone was not meant for the bar scene. I'm just sayin....

DAY 1:
{The girls are ready! Amanda, Myself, The Birthday Girl, and Ashley}
{Yes, we do dance around  her apartment in our sunhats. No big deal}
{We got moves. Obviously}
{She will dance alone on a dance floor. Without fail}
{Meet Jess. She is all kinds of wonderful}
{So.Much.Love}
DAY 2:
{Meet Crystal. She's awesome}
{...and our new bouncer friend.}

P.S. We took a cab to Asbury Park both nights and lets just say Angela made friends with almost all our taxi drivers. That's why we always put her upfront. Gotta love that girl, I swear. 

1 comment:

  1. Obsessed with the amount of awesome this post holds.

    But it makes me miss you even more (how is that possible you ask...I'm unsure).

    ReplyDelete