Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cookbook: Jalapeño Popper Chicken Bites and Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes


I'm such a sucker for sweet potatoes. I'm still in the process of mastering baked sweet potato fries (I just can't get them crispy!), but thought I'd try a different route once I saw Budget Bytes take on the starch. And to pair with it, I thought I'd give jalapeno popper chicken bites a run for my money since they looked so good here. Who doesn't love bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno's?? 

Well, as high as my hopes were for dinner, I just didn't think it panned out. I think the chicken in the bites needed to be seasoned and  I just didn't think there was enough flavor. As for the potatoes, they stuck to the pan like all get out! Sure they tasted good, but they didn't really stay in their intended shape and looked more like a sweet potato car crash happened on my plate once I finally sat down to eat. Oh well! I think I'd give both of these another go but modify the recipes a bit. I encourage you all to try them though and let me know what you think! And let me know if you try anything different with them.



P.S. I'm not sure if its just me that's a hard critic but they boys loved dinner so I guess that's a perk to this meal :)

1 comment: