Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rosebud Salve

Has anyone even heard of Rosebud Salve? I'm not much of a lipstick girl (although I desperately want to become one after seeing how great it looks on fellow bloggers) so when I read on A Cup of Jo about Rosebud Salve, I was intrigued. Its more than what I would normally pay for chapstick (hello Burts Bees!) so I kind of blew it of and went about my day. Well when I was in Sephora with my good friends Mari and Meaghan this weekend waiting to checkout , I saw the infamous Salve and decided impulsively rationally to give it a go. I've been using it the past few days and while I'm not in love with it, I don't hate it. I like the burn I get with Burts Bees (its how I know its "working") but I like the sheen you get with the salve. Almost like lip gloss but without the sticky consistency. I had hoped that it would be more of a reddish tint, and maybe I got the wrong kind, but there is no rosebud tint happening on my lips. Oh well! I'd say I don't regret my purchase but I can't guarantee I'll be buying it again. 

Has anyone else tried it? What are you thoughts? What gloss/chapstick/lip product do you swear by?

No comments:

Post a Comment