Monday, December 12, 2011

Book Review: Best Kept Secret


I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I think I finished it in one weekend while I was traveling on the Megabus to and from NYC. I usually don't gravitate towards books dealing with addiction unless they're recommended to me, but the last time I was in the library I decided to step out on a limb and check out two random books just for the heck of it and this happened to be one of them. It revolves around a mother suffering from alcohol addition (more specifically wine) after her divorce and the adjustment to raising her son alone. It splits the narrative into pre-addiction (where she details her fall into addiction and her lowest point) and recovery (where she describes the emotional struggle of recovery and her custody battle for her son). The book kept my attention the whole time and gave a new perspective on addiction. How sometimes even the most unlikely individuals can find themselves needing something to help cope with the stresses of their daily lives. Even if novels focusing on addiction aren't your forte, I highly suggest this read. 

In my opinion: 

No comments:

Post a Comment