Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New York City


Meet Kim. From her dream to ride sheep in Wales, to random excursions with new friends in Dublin. From repulsion to hagis in Glasgow, to covert missions dodging overbearing Canadians in Barcelona. From Scottish kilts, to English pubs, this girl has made me laugh to the point that quite frankly, I could pee myself a little. She is loud, frank and a hella lot of fun! And our time in NYC proved to be exactly what I expected: ridiculous. 

We didn't end up doing any of the touristy "New York" things we had planned on doing thanks to tired feet and hangovers but that didn't stop us from gossiping, joking, dolling out advice and spending a fantastic afternoon walking all around Central Park (my favorite spot in NYC). We also visited Magnolia Bakery (holy amaz-balls! My red velvet cheesecake was delicioso), the Shake Shack (baller crinkle fries) and a street fair. After our walk we had our own night on the town and after five $5 martinis, thanks to happy hour at Latitude Bar, we stumbled around Times Square making drunk calls and ending the night in a not so pleasant fashion, for me at least (sorry McDonald employees!). The next day was spent in bed until check-out and then just wandering around 5th ave and the Times Square area doing a very small amount of shopping. Although we didn't get much done, I still think the weekend was better than I had hoped. Its amazing how much you can miss someone in just a few short months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment