Thursday, December 15, 2011

Night Owl


Did you know that if you order two drinks at the same time the waiter may think you have a drinking problem? After our reunion dinner I thought it was about time I took Pat up on his 3.4 million offers to go out to the bar and hit the town with Duffy, Pat and Abby (esp. since I needed to soak up every ounce of time with her before she left me). Sometimes I just hate waiting for another drink so maybe, sometimes, I plan ahead and order two drinks. Maybe this makes me an alcoholic but I just think it makes me prepared. eh? eh? no? Well either way, I ordered two drinks one of the times the waiter came and every time after that if I ordered another drink he would need clarification on whether I was ordering the socially acceptable number, aka one, or the I'm-trying-to-get-hammered-and-take-the middle-aged-man-making-eyes-at-me-across-the-bar-home-tonight number, aka 2+. Needless to say after that I stuck with one at a time. 

After I cut myself off, Abby headed out and Tom showed up dressed to the nines. Apparently Mike had dressed him for his formal party, bow tie and all. Gee Mike, how come you never dress yourself like that for me? You know I have a weak spot for sweaters and bow ties! Either way, I decided it was time to let the boys carry on to another bar and headed home to pass out like a freshman just learning what a night of partying looks like curl up with the boo and sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment