Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle



My favorite part about the holidays would have to be the lights. I just love driving down the street and seeing the white lights, the colored lights and the unbelieveably tacky blow up animals that people acquire for 80% off after the holiday season and thus feel they should purchase them all for such a deal. 

Well boyfriend was super sweet and took me on a christmas lights date around Scranton. We drove all over town looking at peoples lights and participating in the age old colored lights v. white lights debate. I love white lights, he loved colored. It got heated people. But we have plenty of time to continue the debate before we get to decorate for the holidays together. I had no idea how festive Scranton is! and Mikes parents house is the BEST!! There are christmas themed items on every surface of their house. Mikes sister and I agree that it looks like Christmas threw up. We've always had a pretty classic themed house so it was awesome to see such over the top decorations. As I get older, it seems its harder to get in the christmas spirit, but his house just brings on the christmas cheer. 

Oh! and one house, deemed "the ally" is outrageous! There is livestock involved here people! The guy who owns the house decorates the entire ally by his house with decorations. The little mermaid, the peanuts, the living nativity, elves, santa, etc. are all present and accounted for with this house. I gotta say, I was giddy and cheerful the whole date (esp. when he slowed down to let me take 38.5 million photos). 
{Mikes nephew played all the singing animals that line his steps for me. hilarious.}

No comments:

Post a Comment