Thursday, December 8, 2011

Grinch Be Gone


I'm going to be honest when I say Christmas isn't my favorite holiday. Believe me, I'm no Grinch, but I just can't always get siked about a winter holiday when its 60 degrees outside in December, shopping lines are endless and people consistently ask me "what do you want?".  However, I can say I'm always a fan of the Christmas songs, the twinkling lights, the homemade cookies and the time spent with the ones I love. 

Last Friday I came into the office and took it upon myself to Christmas-afi the joint (granted I had to leave a few post-it notes for my boss to remember to bring in the decorations, but hey! he remembered). I cranked up the Christmas tunes, pulled out the 7.3 billion forsythia plants and hung the balls on the tree. I've also been keeping onto of my presents this year (thank you amazon.com). I have almost all of them wrapped, my Christmas cards sent and even a couple gifts mailed out to friends and family I won't get a chance to see this holiday season. I'd say despite my usual resistance towards Christmas, I've really been embracing it this year (maybe because I'm out in the real world and no longer just focusing on completing my semester only to realize I've bought no presents, decorated no cookies and completed no Christmas cards which in turn induces panic and stress). Has anyone else been particularly festive this year? Have you got your presents together or are you a procrastinator this year?

1 comment:

  1. I'm the opposite. I'm usually festive and cheery and this year I'm a grinch :-/

    ReplyDelete