Friday, February 17, 2012

Lookbook: Zebra's Ain't Got Nothin' On Me

My brother bought me this dress for my birthday/christmas this year (yes, I gave him the link, my size and EXACTLY what I wanted...I love my bro but I'm not confident he could have found this on his own) and I immediately thought of 343.33 million ways to wear it. Its the only thing I've ever owned from J.Crew and I plan on making it worth the money. Well a few weeks later, I saw Atlantic-Pacific's take on the dress that I adored. Do I own a chambray shirt? check! Chuck Taylors? check! The dress? check, check, check! Then, a week later, I saw The Daily Be do her own rendition of the outfit, which included tights. So clearly it was meant to be copied and worn on my own. While, I did think of pairing my dress with my chambray shirt before, I did take inspiration after seeing these posts to make it more casual (my original plan was to wear it with my brown wedges). For weekend lunch with my bestie, it was the perfect outfit. 

Well perfect for lunch. Not so much for nap time that immediately followed. I should have thrown on my bum clothes for that, but when the mood strikes, you just gotta curl up like a cat and close them eyelids. Until your boyfriend gets home and jumps on you to wake you up that is.


P.S. Mikes room mates had a number of comical jokes about my dress...including my not limited to a prisoner, a zebra, and the Lion King musical. Thanks guys...not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment